Go to home page...
Google Groups
Go to home page... Go to home page...
Temporary Visas > Obtaining Visa Stamps in Canada/Mexico


To obtain visa stamping, you must do so at either one of the following:

(a) the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your home country; or at

(b) the U.S. Embassy/Consulates in Canada or Mexico.

Either route requires that an appointment be made with the Embassy/Consulate in advance.

The main advantage of applying in Canada/Mexico is that of time and cost. It is often less expensive and quicker to apply for and obtain the visa stamp in Canada or Mexico. However, such application can sometimes be problematic, as the U.S. Consulate/Embassy in Canada or Mexico may refuse to issue the visa stamp, and instead may require that you apply for the visa stamp back home. You would then need to return home and apply for the visa stamp, and may not be able to re-enter the U.S. until you do so. Hence, a planned 2-3 day trip to Canada/Mexico could quickly turn into a 3-4 month or possibly longer trip back home.

To make an appointment for visa stamping at the US Embassy/Consulates in Canada, visit


To make an appointment for visa stamping at the US Embassy/Consulates in Mexico, visit:


Please contact our offices with further questions.




MDgreencard.com is the official physician and scientist immigration web site of the:

Sherman Immigration Lawyers, P.C.
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 252133
West Bloomfield, Michigan 48325

Phone: (248) 851-7575
E-mail Us at: info@mdgreencard.com
Street Address (for courier deliveries only)
26111 W. 14 Mile Road
Suite 104
Franklin, Michigan 48025

Copyright © mdgreencard.com. All rights reserved. This site best viewed at 1024 x 768 resolution. Designed and maintained by C2G Media Group, LLC