Go to home page...
Google Groups
Go to home page... Go to home page...
Additional Topics > Obtaining Travel Document/Advance Parole


  • Applicants for adjustment of status to permanent residence have restricted ability to travel outside of the United States until they are approved for permanent residence. Most applicants have no choice, if they want to travel internationally, they must apply for and obtain an advance parole travel document. Applicants for permanent residence who maintain valid H-1B, L-1, H-4 or L-2 status do have a choice: they may either travel on their valid H or L visas, or they may obtain advance parole travel documents. The main advantage of obtaining a travel document is to eliminate the need to obtain a visa while the applicant is traveling outside of the United States -- this is an even more important advantage during times of lengthy delays in visa processing while awaiting the completion of security clearances.

  • Travel documents presently take about 90 days for issuance and are valid for periods of one year (renewable)




MDgreencard.com is the official physician and scientist immigration web site of the:

Sherman Immigration Lawyers, P.C.
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 252133
West Bloomfield, Michigan 48325

Phone: (248) 851-7575
E-mail Us at: info@mdgreencard.com
Street Address (for courier deliveries only)
26111 W. 14 Mile Road
Suite 104
Franklin, Michigan 48025

Copyright © mdgreencard.com. All rights reserved. This site best viewed at 1024 x 768 resolution. Designed and maintained by C2G Media Group, LLC