Go to home page...
Google Groups
Go to home page... Go to home page...
Additional Topics > Physician Moonlighting


  • H-1B visas are employer-specific.

  • Physician on H-1B visas may only work for the employer who sponsored the visa.

  • In order to moonlight or work for another employer, the physician must apply for another H-1B visa to be sponsored by a second employer (concurrent H-1B Visa). The duration of the second (concurrent H-1B) can be different from the first and part-time or flexible concurrent employment is supported by the new H-1B visa. Note that the concurrent H-1B may be approved even for an H-1B position subject to the cap even though the original H-1B visa is cap-exempt. This presents a significant advantage for H-1B visa holders who are in the process of completing the waiver service with a visa that is cap exempt. In any event, it is important to note that physicians seeking to moonlight must continue to meet their J-1 visa/national interest waiver service obligations.




MDgreencard.com is the official physician and scientist immigration web site of the:

Sherman Immigration Lawyers, P.C.
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 252133
West Bloomfield, Michigan 48325

Phone: (248) 851-7575
E-mail Us at: info@mdgreencard.com
Street Address (for courier deliveries only)
26111 W. 14 Mile Road
Suite 104
Franklin, Michigan 48025

Copyright © mdgreencard.com. All rights reserved. This site best viewed at 1024 x 768 resolution. Designed and maintained by C2G Media Group, LLC